Docs & FAQ
Welcome to CrosPaper!
The core CrosPaper functionality is simple: right-click an image to set it as your wallpaper.
In the Options page, select from a host of categories*, then how often you want your wallpaper to change to customize your background automatically.
*Some options only available to pro members.
Live Wallpaper Instructions
Watch the video below to create a Live Wallpaper in just a few minutes!
Or, if you prefer to read the instructions, check out our blog post.
Watch the video below to learn how you can create offline playlists using CrosPaper!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my battery draining faster than before?
As with all applications, the more frequently CrosPaper runs, the more power it takes. For best battery life, set the wallpaper slideshow to longer intervals (30 minutes and up) or turn off Live Wallpaper.
- Why does CrosPaper need “idle” permissions for Live Wallpapers?
- Why is CrosPaper Pro a subscription model as opposed to running ads or being a one-time payment?
- Why is my Google Photos image of lesser quality than my local version?
You likely have the "storage saver" option set to on for your Google Photos library. This compresses the photo and may result in a lower quality for some pictures. For best results on Google Photos wallpapers, upload images in their "original quality."
- CrosPaper is frozen! What happened? How can I fix it?!
This happens most often when a user presses the "Skip to next wallpaper" button too often. CrosPaper is designed to change your wallpaper, not run a speedy search of images.
If the app freezes during a wallpaper slideshow, try resetting and saving your options again in the Options page. To reach the options page when the Pop-up is frozen, right-click the CrosPaper icon and select "options" from the dropdown menu.
CrosPaper might also have run into an issue with another extension or application. In that event, a restart should clear everything up.
- My wallpapers appear in my Google Drive Storage. Who is uploading them?
You are! If your wallpapers are showing up on Google Drive in a folder called "Chrome Syncable FileSystem" or "Chromebook Wallpaper," it means you're syncing them.
To rectify this, go to chrome://settings/syncSetup/advanced and uncheck the "Theme & Wallpaper" option.
- How can I share Live Wallpapers with others?
- How can I save a Live Wallpaper Album that’s been shared with me?
- Will CrosPaper Pro ever support Google Photos sharing and editing features?
- My Live Wallpaper disappeared without me clicking “Delete Live Wallpaper.” What happened?